You may purchase The One Year Adventure Novel under one of two license types: a Household License or a Group License (includes study groups and charter school orders). Read about the license agreements to find out which type of license fits your situation.
If you need to change your license type or have unusual circumstances not covered by the information below, please contact us. We are happy to help you figure out the best fit!
• Anyone purchasing for use exclusively with a student in their immediate family in the context of their own home (materials for additional immediate family members can be ordered at any time with your curriculum license number).
• Anyone purchasing through a charter organization that does not retain rights to the non-consumable materials. (If the non-consumable parts of the product, such as the DVDs and teacher guide, are considered to be charter assets and must be returned to the charter, your charter needs a Group License.)
• Anyone purchasing the program for personal use (e.g., an adult student)
• The Household License does not expire; it doesn’t need to be renewed. (If you use the Cloud video streaming service, you renew your Cloud access for $29/year, but your license does not need to be renewed.)
• You can order student workbooks at any time with your curriculum license number.
• Students must be in your immediate family in the same residence. Close friends, cousins, etc., meeting in your home do not constitute immediate family members.
• Photocopying or other duplication is not permitted.
• Additional students need their own workbook to use the curriculum. Purchase of a new workbook includes a unique curriculum license number so individual students may have their own forum account, etc.
• The video lessons in this curriculum, whether on DVDs or accessed through the Cloud video streaming service, may not be shown publicly, including to small groups within your home, without purchase of a Group License.
• Reselling or giving this product on will void the license. The license is attached to the original customer, not the materials; it is non-transferable. (Please be aware that used sets are unlicensed. If you should buy or receive a used set, you would not have access to new workbooks or to the support features. A valid curriculum license number is required to access these.)
• Students following the curriculum together who are not of a single household, even if the group comprises only 2 students or meets informally in a home.
• Schools and co-ops
• Anyone ordering through a charter school that treats non-consumable materials as charter assets. If the charter requires that members return the non-consumables (i.e., DVDs, Teacher Guide, etc.) after use, the charter needs a Group License, not a Household License, even if the materials being ordered will be used in a home, by students of the same family.
• A Group License is valid for one year; this year is intended to cover one group of students completing the curriculum together; if the group of students takes longer than a year, the license will expire when they finish. If a new group of students wishes to follow the curriculum before a year has expired, the Group License must be renewed.
• You can renew an expired Group License for a fee of $50 for a group of 5 or fewer students, or $100 for a group of 6 or more. If you choose Cloud video streaming instead of DVDs, renewed access to the Cloud is covered when you renew your Group License.
• Purchase of new student materials is required with license renewal.
• Gaps in use are fine. You can renew a Group License even if one or more years have elapsed since it expired.
• A Group License covers one group/class of students. If you would like to offer more than one group/class simultaneously, please contact us.
• “Group” means all involved students are doing the curriculum in one place at the same time. (If you choose Cloud video streaming instead of DVDs, and you want students to stream videos from their home, please contact us about arranging a per-student access fee.)
• The Group License is limited to 50 students.
• A Group License does not include the materials each student needs to take the course. Each student needs their own student set ($70), which includes the workbook, textbook, and a copy of The Prisoner of Zenda.
• Photocopying or other duplication is not permitted. Each student must have their own workbook and access to reading materials.
• The video lessons in this curriculum, whether on DVDs or accessed through the Cloud video streaming service, may not be shown publicly or privately except in the class/group setting for which this curriculum is licensed, though they may be viewed privately by the teacher.
• The license is non-transferable. Although we do not require the return of the DVDs or books at the end of the license year, reselling or passing on this product will void the license.
• Groups/schools/charter schools/co-ops that purchase or receive a used set of The One Year Adventure Novel do not possess a valid license to use it for a group situation. Resale voids a customer’s license. Used sets cannot be used in a group setting—the videos may not be shown publicly. For charters receiving returned sets purchased through the charter, see Charter Schools.
Thank you for respecting the licensing agreements.